T2AQUATICS.COM

Check out http://www.t2aquatics.com for information on T2 Aquatics!

Monday 25 August 2014

Flipping the Switch


Every great athlete goes through a period of time where they flip the switch & begin to develop into a great athlete.

I spoke with a young athlete last summer, fresh off a near medal-winning swim at the World Youth Championships.   I asked him, "What did you learn?"

He said, "I have to work harder."

"I have to work harder"

There is something about saying this phrase out loud that merges its intention to the athlete.

This phrase, said out loud with intent, is the switch flipping.

"I have to work harder".

Nothing comes before it & nothing comes after it.

Great athletes need greatness like they need air.

"I have to work harder."




1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post. And something that I think most competitive swimmers recognize... I can remember a couple meets where that realization hit me where something drastic needed to change. You always learn more from those bad meets then the good ones.

    ReplyDelete